True North Yoga offers heated (but not too hot!) yoga in the winter; in warmer weather, we welcome the fresh breezes coming through the open doors of a turn of the century barn; and added to the summer schedule, aqua yoga in the comfort of a heated, salt water pool.
New to Yoga, Yoga, Vinyasa, Restorative Yoga and Aqua Yoga will be offered.
The schedule will reflect the change of the seasons and the desire of the practitioners.
Wednesday 6 p.m. Yoga class is cancelled for the summer.
Schedule and price structure: $12 per class. cash only; 4 class pass: $40
Monday: 9 a.m. Yoga
Saturday: 9 a.m. Yoga
Sunday: 6:30 p.m. Restorative: there is just ONE restorative class scheduled this summer; August 11th at 6:30 PM. Sign up is required. The regular monthly class will resume in September.
This will be the fourth summer for yoga in the pool. Each year we have tried to improve on the sign up/weather cancellation policies. There is no perfect solution to this, so please read this summer’s plan carefully:
1) The days/times for aqua classes will be announced weekly (usually Sundays) via email, our website (truenorthfarmyork.com), instagram (truenorthyogayork) and Facebook (True North Yoga.) The weather forecast and my schedule will determine each week’s classes.
2) Each class is limited to seven people. The first seven to sign up will be in the class. Please do not sign up unless you are willing to put this on your schedule. This may sound obvious, but i had more “no shows” last year than I expected.
3) Each participant must provide a phone number so I can text you if the weather forecast changes on class day. If class is canceled you will hear from me one hour before start time. If you do not hear from me assume that class is on.
4) There needs to be a minimum of two people for a class to be held.
5) The cost of a single class is $15; you may buy a four pack for $50. Payment (cash or check) is due at the first class.
6) If heavy rain or a thunderstorm cancels a class before the halfway mark, you will not be charged and allowed to schedule another aqua class or a land class. Each aqua class is one hour
Restorative Yoga class: Reservations required.
New to Yoga: This is a streamlined 1 and a half hour class that you will schedule with Molly at your convenience for just yourself or for you and your friends.
New to Yoga is a class for students who have never done yoga or haven’t stepped on a mat in a while. The importance of paying attention to your breath and how a pose feels in your body–instead of just how it looks–are principles that will lay the groundwork for a fulfilling and safe yoga practice. Modifications for common poses, alignment cues, a brief overview of the history of yoga and the use of Sanskrit will be covered. Fee: $15/person cash only
Yoga: This class is designed for students who want to focus on poses, alignment and breath and transitions.
Vinyasa: This class will start when YOU ask for it! I love this type of yoga practice!! Vinyasa flow is designed so one pose flows in to the next, building heat internally as well as taking advantage of the heated room. This class can be a vigorous workout or more of a gentle flow, depending on how you want to approach it on any particular day. It is highly recommended that you take a New to Yoga class or Yoga class first. Room temperature: warmer than regular yoga classes.
Restorative Yoga: This class is a true gift that all yogis need to make room for in their schedule. Yoga props and gravity do the physical work while you focus on true rest and restore your mind, body and spirit!
Room temperature is 75 degrees unless otherwise noted.
Aqua Yoga: This class adapts traditional yoga postures to an aquatic environment. Practicing yoga in the water causes less stress on the joints. The resistance of water can also build strength and help increase range of motion. Aqua yoga is offered during the summer months in an outdoor salt water swimming pool heated to 80-85 degrees. The pool is adjacent to the yoga studio. Class size is limited to eight people, so advance registration is required.
True North Yoga is proud to serve the residents of the following locations and the surrounding areas: